Have a look at the original Plycycle here .

27 April 2015

Last bits done.

The tinkering and noodeling is over. I have finally got the frame to a place where I am happy. Today I spent some time giving the frame a final sand down. The frame has a nice shape to it now and if I carry on sanding any more there wont be any frame left. I have to draw a line under this somewhere and I am happy for it to be now.

I had been round in circles looking for a solution for the seat post fixing. I really didn't want to resort to inserting a metal tube into the frame. Possibly something i will regret if the seat post wears the hole wide with time. But if it does I can always sleeve it at a later date. Anyway, after a lot of hunting I found this seat bracket that has a lamp fitting machined from the same block as the clamp. If the clamp clamps the seat post directly which it does then all that remains is for the rotation of the seat in the hole to eliminated. The clamp will do exactly that once I have screwed it into the frame. Well that's the plan anyway.

 Seat post fixing solution.

 Rear stays.

Its ready for varnish.....

Final sanding video.

Next stop, varnishing.